The mission, purpose, and goals of the National Association to Save Young Men can be summed up by the following 7 E’s.
1. Evangelism: We teach parents, civic leaders, church leaders, and others how to reach young black men.
2. Edification: We build up and challenge young men to be strong, moral leaders.
3. Exhortation: We encourage young black men through the vicissitudes of life.
4. Education: We strongly advise young men to pursue higher education.
5. Entrepreneurship: We teach young men how to generate a good income, be good businessmen, and handle their money.
6. Enthusiasm: We share with young men a positive way of life, a life that they can be enthusiastic and excited about, instead of depressed and defeated.
7. Enduring Legacy: We challenge young men to not only live life well, but to leave a rich heritage behind for their sons and daughters and the community in which they live.